Monday, November 29, 2010

Please Mommy, No Pretties In My Hair

Mommy wanted to get a few pictures of your hair in pigtails before we had your first Haircut (more on that in a bit) but in true Emma fashion, you don't like anything in your hair.

Not even for a second.

You will sometimes let Mommy play with your hair. This night was such the night. I was playing with your hair and thought, I should try and put pigtails in. Just to see what you would do. Took Mommy a couple of tries, but finally got two pigtails in. No sooner did I finish putting the second one in, your hand shoots up and immediately tries to pull them out.


WAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Pleeeeeease don't take them out Em. Mommy wants to get a picture. Please? This is how the entire process went when I was trying to put them in. I would get one in, start working on the other one and you would reach up and try to take them out. Mommy was pleading and begging with you to leave them in so that I could take pictures. 


Then Mommy was trying to get you to smile in the pictures. This was the best I could do.



The back side. Mommy has to practice a little more.



You were being such a good sport about it that Mommy of course had to do crazy hair. Practicing for those Cheerleading days to come....




This entire photo shoot lasted maybe 5 minutes. Maybe. Maybe it just seemed like 5 minutes because all I was doing was begging you to leave your pretties in so that I could get a picture.

I'm still holding onto hope that she will one day wear "pretties" in her hair.

A Mom's gotta have dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment