Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

Another great weekend in the record books! I absolutely love the weekends. What's not to love really? I don't have to wake up early to get ready for work. I get to hang out with my 2 favorite people of all times. Ahhh, yes, if only everyday could be the weekend day! So, lets get to it.

..............................................................

Saturday was Little Gym and football day. Mommy got up really early to go work out and returned home just in time for you to wake up. I absolutely love morning time on the weekends, you are the happiest little girl ever. You have started this new thing where you sit in your crib and at the top of your lungs, start screaming for either Mommy or Daddy to come get you. It's usually daddy though. You'll scream "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaady!!!!" In which, Daddy will scream "Emmmmmmmmmaaaaaaa!" back. You usually go back and forth for a good five minutes with each "Daddy" getting longer and louder. You usually will clap your hands along with it, as if saying, come get me now! Its really cute.

Every one is up at this point (even Hawkeye who is patiently - who am I kidding, Hawkeye is never patient at anything! - waiting for someone to let him out to do his business and to feed him) and we go out to the kitchen to eat breakfast. That's when the most beautiful and wonderful thing takes place. I was sitting in my chair eating a bowl of cereal and playing on the computer.

Undoubtedly on Facebook. Mommy loves Facebook. I digress.

You are sitting in your chair eating your cereal and you call my name. "Mommy..." "Mommy..." "Mommy..." After each Mommy, I say, "what?" or "um hum" or something to that effect thinking that you will just be saying something like "cereal nummy" or "airplane" or "Elmo." You know, your normal everyday conversation.

All the while, not looking up from the computer. Because I'm facebooking. Mommy loves Facebook. Oh? I already mentioned that? Moving on...

After like the 5th and very annoyed "MOMMY!" I realized that perhaps you really wanted my attention and for me to, I dunno, actually look at you. So I do. I turn my head and say "yes Emma." There you are, sitting there, your head cocked to one side (sort of like your ear to your shoulder) and you say "Mommy?" I say "yes peanut?" You then proceed with the most beautiful words EVER....."I wub you."

O.....M.....G

My heart stopped. Did she just say what I think she said? I think she did. What else could she have said? She really did say that!!!! OMG, I am the happiest Mommy in the entire world. No the universe! I can't wait to tell everyone that she told me that she loved me. This is the BEST morning ever!!!!

It's at this point that I realize that everything that just took place in the above paragraph were all thoughts running through my head and that I wasn't actually saying anything out loud and that Em was sitting there staring at me, waiting for a response. Which I respond with "Did you just say "I love you?"" Turning to Daddy, "did she just say I love you?" "I think she just said I love you" Turning back to Em, I ask her again, "did you just say I love you?" OMGosh, she did! Which I finally responded with an resounding "I LOVE YOU TOO PEANUT!!!!"

What a beautiful way to start my day, don't cha think? :)

And of course this all prompted me to post something on Facebook:

"Sitting at the breakfast table eating breakfast with Em and the following conversation takes place - Emma: Mommy? Mommy: Yes peanut? Emma: I wuv you. Mommy: I love you too peanut!......OMG, I think my heart just did a million back flips! I have the greatest little girl in the world. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥"

We finished breakfast and went to Little Gym and you played with all of your friends. You enjoy it so much and that in turn makes Mommy and Daddy enjoy it. Came home, you ate lunch and took a nap. Matthew and Katherine had a football/cheer game later that afternoon. I was particularly excited for this game as you got to show off your new shirt that Mommy made for you. I wanted a way for you to show your love and support for your cousins, so Mommy made you a shirt. The front of it says "Cheering for..." with a magaphone and pompom with Kat's name on it.


And the back of it says "Texans Football!" with a football helmet with Matt's number on it.



You love you cousins to death. You get really excited when I tell you that we are about to go see them or if you see pictures of them or you see them in person. And I think they love you too! They always ask about you and they always want to play with you. You had fun hanging out with Katherine and the other cheerleaders. Mommy was so happy to see this! You have 2 more years until you can cheer with the Texans and Mommy is chopping at the bit. I can't wait for that day!




Chattin' with Katherine


Checkin' out everything

All of the girls just loved you!


You already fit right in. :)



That night after the game and after everyone went home and showered (it was very hot at the game!) we meet Auntie V, Uncle Doug, Katherine and Matthew at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner - Mommy and Auntie V's favorite place to eat! And it is becoming yours as well. You love the beets, carrots, won ton things, bread (of course) and the dessert!

You were oh so good all day today!

..............................................................

Sunday was another great day. Mommy didn't get up early to go work out like she usually does, she wasn't feeling all that well and felt like she was getting a cold, so she just slept in and took it easy. We didn't do much of anything, just hung around the house and cleaned and did laundry. Mommy loves those kinds of days, just chillin' at home with her 2 most favorite people! You managed to play with every single toy you own; the living room and your bedroom were a disaster by the time you went to bed. You love to play with the kitchen mitts that Mommy uses to cook with. This particular Sunday, you were into those as well as your shopping cart. It was really comical!




All in all it was a great weekend. Can't wait for the next one to come around. You make my life so much more special! I love you peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment